Happy Easter Reader!
We meet Monday (this coming Monday, the 9th) at 7:00 pm in the one story Conference Center to discuss Reflections on the Psalms by C.S. Lewis.
The title is accurate — it’s a teach-in on the Psalms wrapped in reflections on the timelessness of human nature. Just as easily titled This is Us! Lewis explores many contrasts: pagan / monotheistic; ancient / modern; prefigured / revealed; God rectifier of wrongs / God dispenser of mercy. The chapters stand somewhat apart so if you like to skip around as you read you will be pleased.
I’ve been reading the Psalm of the day’s lectionary aloud after reading this book. Curious if you did the same what your experience might be.
Reminder that in May we’re switching to the third Monday the 21st and we’re discussing Praying the Rosary Like Never Before by Edward Sri. Can’t read enough Edward Sri! Check out the parish’s upcoming classes based on his Biblical Walk Through the Mass book.
In the meantime, here’s a noisy Psalm in Hebrew:
Hi, see you March 12th … note that in May we’re meeting in the third instead of second week … below is the text of a handout for a Newcomer’s event I’m passing along to keep us on track (clearly, if you’re reading this, you already get the e-mail notices!). Do forward this to someone who might be interested! Happy Reading, Karla
The Parish Book Club meets one Monday night per month during much of the year and YOU are invited to come and visit!
Upcoming Meetings … in the one story Conference Center at 7:00 pm these Mondays:
- March 12th – Where We Got the Bible: Our Debt to the Catholic Church by Henry C. Graham
- April 9th – Reflections on the Psalms by C.S. Lewis
- May 21st — Praying the Rosary Like Never Before: Encounter the Wonder of Heaven and Earth by Edward Sri
Stay in Touch
- Go to SESParishBookClub.org
- Enter e-mail address at bottom of page
- Confirm subscription
- Get e-mail notices
Other Bookish Activities around the Parish for the 2018 Parish Focus: Year of the Mass seschurch.org/year-of-the-mass/
- The Book Club highly, highly recommends The Lamb’s Supper by Scott Hahn
- We really liked A Biblical Walk Through the Mass by Edward Sri; see the website for the upcoming study the Parish is conducting based on the same materials
- Upcoming Easter Mass Free Book Giveaway; several Parishioners donate these books so you can have a copy: Understanding the Mass: 100 Questions, 100 Answers by Mike Aquilina
Questions? Karla Mulry, Book Club Coordinator 760.419.1826 | firstname.lastname@example.org